Cyberian Logo Competition
Show your power, vigor and energy and design a creative logo that will become the identity of ‘Cyberians’. This logo will carry your identity in sports, alumni and other events and will make your mark.
For the above VU has organized a ‘Logo Competition’ to bring your creativity in the limelight. VU will select three best Logos and award winners with cash prizes. All VU students are invited to submit their proposed Logos latest by March 31, 2012 on VULMS.
Guidelines for Logo Competition
All VU students and alumni are eligible to participate in this logo competition.
Rules & Regulations
The rules and regulations are designed to ensure that the judges, organizers and participants understand what constitutes a valid entry, when entries will be received and how they will be judged.
A panel of judges appointed by VU will judge all entries submitted by the students. The decision of the judges will be final. The Judges will consider the following criteria when reviewing submissions. The decision of the panel will be final.
· Visual design aesthetics and overall look and feel.
· Information design demonstrated understanding of audience demographics their needs and how well the logo communicates the name, “Cyberian“.
· A logo must be an actual image, small in size and simple.
· The logo must be able to be used in one color or many colors.
· The logo must be easy to read.
· Suitability: Logo will be used as an integral component of VU different mediums like Visiting Cards, Web, TV, Painted Banners, Letter heads etc.
· The logo must be scalable.
· Each entry must have a written description not exceeding 150 words of a philosophical rationale for the design and applicability of the logo.
· Judges and competition organizers will not enter into a discussion with entrants regarding their submission prior to or after the close of the competition.
· Entries become the property of VU for use in any way VU deems necessary. Entry materials will not be returned.
· Creators must warrant that their works are not in violation of Pakistan and International copyright laws.
· All entries must be completely original work. Plagiarism will be strictly dealt with.
· All entries must have a title, designer(s) names and contact information including e-mail addresses.
Submission of Entries
· Logo Text must be “Cyberian”
· Preferable proportional ratio (approx.)= 9.5 (W) : 1 (H)
· Font used, should not be excessively stretched or distorted. The name of font must be mentioned.
· Logo should be designed in such a way that it can be easily used in different mediums like Visiting Cards, Web, TV, Painted Banners, Letter heads etc.
Logo must be submitted in following formats: (jpg or gif) with image source (png or psd files).
· Students must submit the logo electronically on VULMS.
Note: Visit Student Services Section of VULMS and Click Cyberian Logo Competition link.
Logo competition begins: February 23, 2012
Last date for submission of entries: March 31, 2012
Cash Prizes & Certificates
1st Prize: Rs.10, 000
2nd Prize: Rs. 5000
3rd Prize: Rs. 2500