Q # 1: Suppose ABC Company have an office in Lahore. It has currently 50 computers. Now, Management is going to buy a new building in front of old building. They want to extend their network between these two buildings with 50 new computers.
Answer the questions given below in scenario described above. (5 * 2 = 10 Marks)
1. If they can afford good budget, which cable will be suitable for networking. (You have to provide two best options. Option 1 has higher priority than Option 2)
The cables which would be suitable for networking are;
1. Twisted pair
2. Optic fiber
2. Which network Topology will be better in building network in new building.
Star topology will be better in building network in a new building.
3. Which network Topology will be better in building network between two buildings.
Tree topology will be better in building network between two buildings.
4. Which network device will be used to connect two networks?
For connecting two networks the devices are as follows;
5. If we use wireless network between two buildings, what will be drawbacks or risks? (you have to describe two points)
The risks are as follows;
1. It will have low speed
2. It will have high cost
3. It may have interruption
4. It will not be properly secured
5. It will have limited access
Q # 2: Consider following network Topology and answer the questions given below. (5)
1. Identify type/name of topology used in the figure above?
The name of the topology is Mesh.
2. If we have to decrease network cost then which type of measure (s) / action (s) we must take. (Remember the figure given above while answering this question)
We will convert it into Star topology. As we know Star topology will be better in building network in a new building.